Pain in the foot can be caused by a long list of issues. Injury and overuse, growth and weight gain, genetics, or even structural deformities can each cause distinct issues from the toes all the way through the arch to the ankle or heel.
Just a few of the most common types of foot pain are:
- Plantar fasciitis – a sharp pain in the heel or arch of your foot
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD) – a consequence of “flat feet”
- Arthritis – degeneration within any of the joints of the foot or ankle
- Achilles’ tendinitis – pain in the strongest tendon within the back of the foot/leg
- Bunions – a deformity of the big toe joint